Some Quick info for New Grade 8s
Open house in Sept (meet the teacher) Date TBA
- Great time to put a face to a name
- Teachers usually speak briefly about their expectations
- Assessment explained
- Question and answer session for parents
- Share/confirm contact info
- Highly recommended in Gr. 8
- School provides digital app that can be used as planner
- Teachers provide time in class for students to record homework and due dates; parents should be checking this regularly
- Marks are posted online; Marks are cumulative
- Tutorial times/Flex time – it is expected that students will be aware of due dates and their teacher’s open classroom times and use those times to get caught up without being told to attend.
- Emails – teachers’ main form of communication is email. Feel free to contact them whenever you have questions. Please allow a couple of days for a response as most teachers have about 200 students.
- Grade 8 initiative: Math Help Services. The parents will have to provide: student email, parent email and payment on the portal.
- It would be very helpful if each Gr. 8 student had their own gmail address for September.